Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
There's a ton of guys not connected and not paying anyone! And Ivy since your more apt to keep an eye out for LCN headlines is t it safe to say you've missed the independent busts? Just a thought! I'd say there are more independent books than connected or paying for a connection! It's just not a valuable investment anymore.

Actually, I keep track of all the bookmaking busts. I see them in other areas of the country as well. For a more recent example, look at the thread I started about the two bookmaking busts in Oklahoma City and Albany in the last couple days.

The Albany one is a good example. One of the defendants is Joseph "Oink" Carucci. He's been involved in gambling busts up there in the past with George Bedigian. Although one Florida guy charged is/was a DeCavalcante associate, from what I can tell, in cases both past and present, these guys aren't mobbed up. And it's not necessarily surprising because Albany is far enough away from the mob's scope of influence.

I don't think it's just a coincidence that the vast majority of bookmaking busts in those exact areas that have a big mob presence are mob-connected, while those further away often aren't. Of course, as pizzaboy said above, how one defines "connected" may vary.

Originally Posted By: ChiTown
lol this thread is already fucked. We should change the title to "therapy and disagreements 101." I'll start another one and Ivy if you come on there with your bullshit, this guy will sit on your thick head.

It's funny that you make up Outfit crews out of thin air but you call me the bullshitter. Anyway, I'd be happy to go back to talking about the current state of the Chicago Outfit. Of course, even there, we'll probably butt heads because you and the feds differ so often.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/11/13 02:26 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.