Originally Posted By: MeyerLansky
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Don't really know much about organized crime in the area itself, but there are a lot of middle easterners involved in organized crime in the USA and Europe.

Turkish, Turkish Cypriot and Kurdish crime groups are an extreme force in Europe. The Turkish Cypriot Arif gang is a force in London, along with the Kurdish Tottenham Boys and Bombacilar gangs. There are also Turkish mafia groups present in almost any other country with a substantial Turkish population, such as Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. Some of them are definitely linked to the Grey Wolves ( ethnic Turkish right-wing movement). Likewise for the Kurdish mafia groups but they are more likely to be linked to the Kurdish rebel movement PKK although this is far from always the case.

Israeli crime groups are really powerful. Even though they are mostly known for drug trafficking, they are active in about every aspect of organized crime including weapon trafficking, fraud, armed robberies, human trafficking. Israeli crime groups largely come from a couple of different backgrounds: mostly Moroccan Jewish, Russian/Ukrainian Jewish and Georgian Jewish immigrants to Israel. The Abergil family was of Moroccan Jewish origins, as was the Alperon family ( even though they were born in and migrated from Egypt). Russian Jews are also largely involved in organized crime in Israel, as are Georgian Jews. In Belgium we had the infamous Georgian Jewish Melikhov clan.

Assyrian crime groups are also active in any country with a large Assyrian population. There was the Chaldean mafia in Detroit, the Dlasthr/Assyrian Kings gang in Australia and the USA and also Sweden experienced major organized crime issues with the Assyrian immigrant population. Drug trafficking, extortion, armed robbery,...are all common practice.

Germany experienced a massive crime wave with the immigration of Mhallami-Lebanese refugees. They mostly live in large clans active in organized crime, as well as the occasional petty crime. Mahmoud Al-Zein was named the drug kingpin of Berlin and the Miri clan is one of the most well known crime families in all of Germany.

Armenian criminal groups are also active in countries with a large Armenian population. The Armenian Power gang in the USA is the most well known out of them, but countless Armenian crime groups also exist in Russia.

Chechen mafia gangs, the Obshina, were once said to be the most powerful in Russia, but their power has diminished somewhat. Khozh-Ahmed Noukhaev was a well-known Chechen criminal figure in Russia. Nonetheless, they are still active in any European country were there's a large Chechen population. In Belgium Chechens have tried to take over some Albanian rackets but they have been unsuccesful so far.

Azerbaijani gangs are also highly active in Russia. They aren't as well known in Western Europe, but Azerbaijani crime gangs are certainly present in the Netherlands and Germany. Mostly active in drug trafficking, but they'll go wherever a buck can be made.

North African crime gangs ( Moroccans and Algerians, mostly of Berber descent) are also working their way up in the criminal hierarchy. They used to be bands of petty thieves ( and lots of them still are) but especially in the Netherlands and France you will find that Moroccans and Algerians can be involved in major organized criminal activities. Organized armed robberies still make up a large part of their bread and butter, but a lot of them are also involved in the trafficking of marihuana and hashish and ,surprisingly, cocaine. Extortion is also common practice.

Outside of them you will find Pakistani ( of Mirpuri origin) crime groups in the UK and Indian ( largely of Jatt Sikh origin) ones in the UK and Canada. Tamil groups are also highly active in the UK and Canada. They are all involved in drug and weapon trafficking, extortion, human trafficking,...you name it.
But I don't think you can call them 'Middle Eastern' anyway.

how do you know so much about israeli crime groups? i am moroccan jew trust me most of the moroccan are dealing with drugs and robberies...

I have always been interested in any organized crime group, not just the Italians. Israeli organized crime is pretty well-known so I was interested in researching more about them. I'm not saying some people are more criminal than others, but a high percentage of the Israeli crime organizations are in fact of Moroccan Jewish or Soviet Jewish origin ( even though they are more likely to be described as part of the 'Russian mafia'). In Antwerp years ago there were a lot of Georgian Jewish criminal organizations. They were seen as part of the Russo-Israeli groups. They were nothing to be messed with.