Also I take back what I said about Solly D. I do believe he is still working with Cicero though I'm not sure his relationship to Sarno or Cautadella. I do know he is close with Pudge Matassa and is frequently with another guy known as "Jonny Moe" who is also made in Cicero. Solly continues to run things for Cicero in Lake County (which is where he and Infelice operated for years back in the 80s and 90s and where his kid Jerry oversaw his interests while Solly was in prison). What I'm not sure about is how much leadership Solly has within the Cicero crew and whether Pudge and Sammy C are above him or below him. I do know he's very respected and focuses on his establishments in Lake County (the bowling alley, etc.) and some carpet cleaning business.

A close friend let me know that when Solly D and Marco D'Amico were released from prison, the organizational structure of the Outfit changed significantly--Marco was essentially made a "#2" reporting direct to Jonny and essentially still controls bookmaking between the Elmwood Park and Cicero groups. Jonny "Apes" Monteleone once was in a similar role when Jonny returned from prison in the early 1990s--reporting directly to DiFronzo.

Jimmy I got out in 2008 or so and joined the top ranks in Cicero and took over the remaining rackets the Spano's had going (that family is supposedly out of all rackets now).

Remember that Sarno (who came up under Bobby Salerno) was very close with Marco--in fact he named his son after him. Matassa and Cautadella also are close with Marco...but Marco reports directly to Jonny and Petey. He just bridges the divide between the groups when it comes to gambling--he lays off action between Elmwood and Cicero frequently.

Sarno and Sammy were essentially enforcers farmed out between crews but reported Bobby Salerno. At one point they collected for Jimmy I and even Michael Magnafichi but not sure how they became so high up in Cicero. Then again, I hear all this shit second hand and with all the gossip and whatnot, who knows whats really going on. Chicago uses more "fronts" and "go betweens" than anyone.