So everywhere I go, I see people with smartphones. They use it (or play with it) pretty much everywhere they go to, and on their way to get there as well. I took a bus last night and out of 50 ppl riding the bus maybe 4 did not have their heads buried in their smartphones. And rest assured these 46 folks got off the bus and kept on using it while walking to their homes or wherever.

This is 2013, at least in some parts of the world. It could be you or him, and someday me, if I'll ever get a smartphone. But I really have no desire right now. With kids, it is even worse. It's pretty much all they do, even when they are together. And that my friends, is scary. Scary because childhood is no longer what it used to be.

I remember school trips and all the fun we had playing in the wild. Nowadays you have kids and teenagers constantly using their phones, texting, taking pics etc. They don't even talk to their friends who are sitting right next to them. It's like zero communication in the real world. It's really sad. What kind of people are they going to be? will they be able to handle basic human interaction? it's like nothing is important unless it's online or uploaded or shared. Do you think I go too far? I don't know. When I was a kid and I was not in front of my comp, and I was outside, then face-to-face and people-to-nature interaction was pretty much alive. We used to play out in the wild or out in the street without having our heads glued to that small box in our hands. We were free!

So Google Glass is like the new toy which will enter our lives, and I guess I'm supposed to be all that excited about this advanced smartphone sitting on your eye, waiting for your orders, and i guess I'm supposed to say how technology is going forward and how bright the future looks like with this new device. But like you might have guessed, you won't hear it from me. It might be fun to feel like Arnold from Terminator for a while, but to use it all the time like any other smartphone?

And what's with this terrible need to picture or video every single thing you do? nobody's enjoying the moment anymore, people are more occupied with saving it than actually experience it.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)