Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
It can't just be a coincidence that her mother is Austrian and her father is Sicilian

Why? Do you have any idea how many Austrian Jews settled in Brooklyn after World War II? Literally thousands. Brooklyn has been a safehaven for Eastern European Jews for decades. Doesn't it make sense that more than one of them would eventually end up marrying an Italian?

And Ms. Remini has denied it again and again. If George (the Capo) was her father, I doubt she'd deny it. Most mob daughters are pretty defensive of their fathers.

For what it's worth, I posted this last year. Here's an excerpt, with the original bio-link provided below:

Leah Remini was born in Bensonhurst (Brooklyn), New York, to George Remini, owner of an asbestos company. Her father, originally from Sicily, is not to be confused with George Remini, the Caporegime of the Gambino Crime Family. Her mother Vicki Marshall, a former high school principal and current LA restaurant owner, is Jewish and originally from Austria. Her parents were divorced in 1977.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/Leah-Remini/biography/

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.