Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl
Kly, I just realized/remembered he was with the Phillies before.. so I take it you're familiar with his, uh, skill set? lol

MC, isn't it ridiculous? Our local station had a segment about how we're supposedly using the "Moneyball" method. I think I'll just refer to it as thrifty and patient. (VERY patient.)

Astros might be building up. I doubt the owner is going to be like the asshole who owns the Miami Marlins. Then again you won't know for awhile what kind of owner he is.

Unfortunately, the Astros have missed badly on talent evaluation for several years. But I understand that while their farm system doesn't exactly stand out, it's been better than it has been for some years now. gina could enlighten us more there.

But as far as minor league systems go, five teams currently stand from the rest: 1. Cardinals (the undisputed strongest system), 2. Mariners, 3. Rangers, 4. Pirates, and 5. Rays.

Not surprised with the cardinals because they do know how to run a team (and saved them selves from that pujols contract). By the way, Keith Law believes that the Cubs have the 5th best farm system and John Sickels has them 10th best. I honestly love where the Cubs are heading to.

By the way, Klyd what do you think about Halladay's slow start/decline?