Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Just started reading "Animal: The Bloody Rise and Fall of the Mob's Most Feared Assassin". What I don't understand, why does everybody present the people framed by Barboza as martyrs, in this case saying they were like Sacco and Vanzetti? I mean, of course they were innocent of that particular crime, but it's not like they were honest people who were victims of the circumstances, they were gangsters anyway (Tameleo surely was a multiple murderer). While there are people who are really innocent and end up in jail for nothing, it just seems not right to me to present a gangster frame-up as "the most clamorous case of injustice in the USA", as said in some newspapers. I don't condone Barboza's and the corrupt FBI's actions, but still, there are people who deserve to be called "victims of the system" much more than Tameleo and Limone.

What's the book like Dwalin? I've ordered it but not got it yet in the UK, is it about the history of Barboza and the gang wars of the 60's or does it just concentrate on the Tameleo and Limone trial? Thanks Tony