Just started reading "Animal: The Bloody Rise and Fall of the Mob's Most Feared Assassin". What I don't understand, why does everybody present the people framed by Barboza as martyrs, in this case saying they were like Sacco and Vanzetti? I mean, of course they were innocent of that particular crime, but it's not like they were honest people who were victims of the circumstances, they were gangsters anyway (Tameleo surely was a multiple murderer). While there are people who are really innocent and end up in jail for nothing, it just seems not right to me to present a gangster frame-up as "the most clamorous case of injustice in the USA", as said in some newspapers. I don't condone Barboza's and the corrupt FBI's actions, but still, there are people who deserve to be called "victims of the system" much more than Tameleo and Limone.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."