"As for the Wire if you can't see historical perspective in the Wire then you are missing the point."

*I know what point Simon is trying to make, that capitalism is ultra-rotten, we've neglected these cities and now have these crazy ass Black children running around selling drugs and killing each other off.

"Season 2 is a good example of capturing this thought. That Polak Sobaotka "we used to build shit in this country" speech is what the show was saying. That kind of skilled blue collar work is drying up in all sectors. If the port was going through a slowdown how do the next generation of hardworking blue collar guys with no education put bread on their table?"

*Actually, I thought Season 2 was one of the most intelligent seasons out of the series for some of the reasons you've stated. People have expressed to me, that they thought season 2 wasn't good and they wanted to see the drug dealers and their shit again. SMH!!!?? These individuals are clueless about how important The Port of Baltimore, and many ports on the East Coast played in sustaining families for generations.

Last edited by WestBaltimore96; 04/01/13 06:12 PM.