Sonny,

You are a good poster but we obviously disagree on this as pretty much every Montreal crime reporter as well as the Police have the Rizzuto's as the behind the Di Maulo hit. I haven't seen one shred evidence or anything even hinting towards any other group especially the Bonnano's. I do believe that Bonnano's could have sought retaliation if they wantedon Desjardins but i don't think they care as they are busy trying to get their own house in order. As I have said before Di Maulo never seemed concerned about Bonnano Revenge as he never went into hiding through out this whole war right up to the day he was killed. If Bonnano's had the reach into Canada that some seem to think they prob could have got Desjardins in Jail as it's hardly uncommon in Canada for people to be hit in Jail. For those questioning this read about the Gang war happening in Vancouver right now. Desjardins was put into protective custody after Di Maulo was killed if the Bonnano's were a big concern it likely would have happened a lot sooner.

And for the poster who was bristling at the Rizzuto's having only 20 made Bonanno members which is the number I have always heard as Ivy said above there are many others both made into the Montreal Mafia as well as others made into Italian Ndrangheta and Sicilian families also. When Cotroni was still in charge In Montreal he wanted to have a 5 year probation period for Guys made into families back in Italy before they could be made in Montreal. I don't know if the Rizzuto's kept that rule in place.There are a couple of RCMP and CSIS reports that estimate the Rizzuto family at 300 to 400 members and associates combined so the 20 guys made into the Bonnano's don't really scratch the surface. I have never read any estimates of how many made mafia guys are actually into Montreal. I know some have questioned the 300 to 400 number in the past but these are estimates coming directly from Canada's 2 major Police and intelligence forces. With the way mafia war has played out in Montreal I'm not sure if being a made guy means anything at the moment right now.

Last edited by Giordano; 03/31/13 10:08 PM.