A BRUTAL bare-knuckle brawl between the McGinley clan and Celebrity Big Brother Paddy Doherty's family took place in the UK on Sunday to settle a bitter feud.

These grim scenes show Trevor McGinley clashing with Hughie `Quie' Doherty under a motorway fly-over outside Stoke. McGinley can be seen repeatedly punching Doherty in his bloodied face during the gruelling 40-minute fight. By the end of the brawl, McGinley's arms are cov-ered to the elbows in blood from the brawl.

Trevor is the brother of legendary bare-knuckle box-er Barney 'The Gorilla' McGinley. Last year, Hughie Doherty - a relative of Celebrity Big Brother winner Paddy Doherty - starred in the Channel 4 documentary, Gypsy Blood, during which he spoke about training his seven-year-old son to fight.

However, Doherty failed to live up to his own high standards of boxing and was declared the loser after he lashed out and kicked his opponent this week. After he is disqualified, McGinley can be heard shouting: "I won. Up the McGinley, I f**kin' won.

"Respect The two men have to then be pulled apart, as Doherty aims another kick at his rival. The pair continue to argue and Doherty repeatedly attempts to restart the fight while McGinley jumps about declaring himself the victor. McGinley shouts: "I bate ya, ya f**king' muppet."

After the two fighters are pulled apart, Doherty again attempts to punch his victorious rival. McGinley says: "The fight was stopped because a man was kicked and head butt. That's why it was stopped." In a post-fight interview in a pub, McGinley attempts to put the feud to bed - acknowledging Doherty as a worthy opponent.

"He's not a bad chap but nowhere in my class of boxing. How do you bate a man you can't hurt? "No blackguarding, I hope Quie shows me the same respect," he says. The fight came after months of tit-for-tat taunting on YouTube. In September, Hughie Doherty threw down the gauntlet to Barney 'the Gorilla' McGinley in an online rant, telling him: "You're nothing but a burger king."

VICIOUS:

The brutal fight lasted for 40 minutes CLAIMS WIN: McGinley

The challenge came after Northampton-based Doherty claimed McGinley said he had beat-en members of his clan in previous fights. In the video posted on YouTube, Doherty called on McGinley to fight him. "You were arguing on the internet about another Doherty man in Birmingham. You said you'd do to them what you done to the 'Punk' sons. You did f*** all, you wouldn't fight us,"

Hughie said. "If you are man enough to fight me I'm putting it straight to you now. You hid from my brother for five year the whole world knows that and you are going around the place telling everyone you are the king. "If you want to fight, ring me and get it on," Hughie taunted. "l'm giv-ing you seven days to ring me or I'm coming to find you sausage boy.

" The reply was not long in coming from the McGinley family, who cast doubts on the Doherty clan's ability to fight. • In December,Barney McGinley and four of his sons recorded a response and uploaded it onto YouTube. Barney McGinley claimed the Doherty family would regret chal-lenging them to a fight. "We are going to be boxing ye little men.

Don't be ringing up the phones and apologising, we are not happy till we bate ye little men. Ritter "Ye're not fighting men, ye never were fighting men - ye are far from fighting men." Both Hughie Doherty and Trevor McGinley come from well-known traveller clans with a history of bare-knuckle boxing. Trevor's father, Denis `Aney' McGinley, was previously crowed 'King of the Travellers' after a series of fight with bitter rival Big Joe Joyce in the 90s. Hughie is the son of Francie "The Punk" Doherty, once one of the most feared bare-knuckle box-ers in the UK.