Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
Ivy in all due respect and I mean that sincerely, I have to call bullshit on about half those names, The Gallos, Sodano,Fillipelli, Jimmy Matorano was half Irish half Italian,

Big Vince Filipelli in philly was born Vincent Phillips. Ivy was correct.

I stand corrected, what was his story I wonder, could be he's half English but it also could of been the Anglicized version of Fillipelli, also I think Frank Salleme Jr was the "Least Italian" guy ever made at 25 percent

Another one of them guys, Italian on his mothers side. Not sure what ethnicity the father was but his name was Henry V. Phillips. Filipelli changing his name has been mentioned in a couple different articles on the Stanfa crew.

From a 1993 Washington Post Article that was picked up by different papers.

"Crime family members and associates at times oblige the public by encouraging the romance of the largely Italian mob. Vincent Filipelli, a muscle-bound man police say is Stanfa's bodyguard, was born Vincent Phillips, but went to court to Italianize his name, according to a law enforcement official. "

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19930906&slug=1719706

Filipelli is a play on his birth name Phillips. In another article it said he changed it when he was 18.