Originally Posted By: Joe_Bonanno
Here's, what I think. Probably you've read his book and watched his interview, he was always for the old ways of making business. He was strong, ruthless, killer, major money maker, not in the spotlights, careful and so on... till John Gotti comes as a boss. For me John Gotti being the boss, was the beginning of the end of the Gambino family then.
If Gravano and Frank DeCicco had been in charge, none of this would happen. John Gotti talked about "public"....

Here is what I think. I agree with most of your points. I think he could have been one of the best and highly respected for the ages but he became his worst enemy. I feel its usually a women, drugs or greed that throw smart powerfull positioned men off their foundation. With Sammy I think it was just his mind, he could not satisfy his need for controling every detail of everything around him. What you call micro management. He had managers for that, he should have left them to their tasks.

The best is knowing he has to deal with and suffer watching his discusting daughter hang out all her dirty laundry on the horrible fakeality show. Maybe its better off he is not dead so he does not have to roll over again.

DP

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.