Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
In my opinion Gravano was the smarter one in terms of maintaning a low profile and being "true LCN". Had he been boss, I'm quite sure the Gambino Family would'tve taken such a hit as they did in the early nineties.

That being said, I personally don't like Sammy. He's complete murderous scum, lower than the dirt himself. He's a shitsack through and through and not just because he's a rat, but he murdered god knows how many people, got his family involved in a drug ring in Arizona, along with psychopathic nature.

Gotti was an arrogant, loudmouth blowhard. But one thing you always have to give him is that he walked the talk. After watching the 60 minutes interview on Gravano, he became one of the few mobsters I genuinely did not like or root for (the latter being a habit I try to curb)

Definitely agree that Gravano was more "true LCN" but not sure he would have ever been this great boss that would have changed the fortunes of the Gambinos. Although I will never argue Gotti was a great Boss, it does seem like he had the Gambino family at the top. He was 100% dedicated to his crime Family. The constant talking and flashiness definitely wasn't an ideal way to run a Family, but he definitely did "walk the talk" Without Sammy ratting Gotti would have still gone away, but the rest of the Family would have still been ok.
If only Frank DeCeccio would have just taken the reigns the Gambino Family may still be the head of the class, but what would we all do without Gotti conversation?

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster"
"The only thing I fear in life is death, because I can't imagine the world without me"