SNEAKY RATT
On-the-run gangster tries to throw thugs off his scent

THREATS: Aaron Rattigan

ON-THE-RUN gangster Aaron Rattigan is facing serious threats on his life but joked he'd end up dead if he fled to Mexico. Aaron (22), a cousin of convicted killer and drug lord Brian Rattigan, was officially warned by gardai that there is a threat to his life from associates of criminal figure Karl Fay.

The mob, who are mostly in their 20s, control the drug trade in the Charlemont Street area and Swan Grove in Ranelagh, south Dublin, while associates of Rattigan are also involved in drug dealing in the south inner city with a stronghold in the Basin Street Flats. Fay (22), has survived a number of attempts on his life and his associates blame figures linked to Rattigan for the most recent attack late last year. There was a pipe-bomb attack on Rattigan's home in January as a result of the feud.

Shipment

The threat to Aaron Rattigan comes in the same week his cousin Brian received a 17-year sentence for arranging a €1 million heroin shipment while he was in Portlaoise Prison. Brian is already serving a life sentence for the murder of Declan Gavin. Aaron Rattigan posted on Facebook in recent days telling friends he was going to the Algarve in Portugal.

He added: "The sun should do me good.They wouldn't be able for me in Mexico. I'd end up dead or something."

However, sources said they did not believe he had fled the country. Rattigan has a number of convictions including for possession of a knife, the sale and supply of a small amount of heroin, public order offences and several for criminal damage. Rattigan's pal Gerard Eglington (27) was shot dead last September by associates of Fat Freddie Thompson following an attack on a relative of Thompson. He denies he is a gangland criminal, but the young criminals linked to Karl Fay have put him in their sights.