Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
The guy then says "Jimmy Alteri ate the pill for you". Meaning, Jimmy was sacrificed for the sake of Pussy staying alive and being able to gather more information.

That doesn't exactly prove that Jimmy wasn't a rat. All that implies is that Pussy's handler knew that Tony and the rest were suspecting a rat especially when both of them got out easy, but figured Tony assumed when Jimmy went that they had got the rat and there was no need to keep fishing.

The thing is, Jimmy was asking a lot of questions about operations and not just to get in on them, he wanted very in depth details of what was going down.

What? "eating/ate the pill" is a term that directly implies sacrifice. Jimmy wasn't a rat.

The only questions Jimmy were asking had to do with money, he felt that he should be given more of what the operation was, which was when they took the money from the drug dealing cubans, Jimmy wanted in on that but felt he wasn't being fed his share of the pie, that's why he was asking questions.
I know what "eating the pill" means. Jimmy was asking for information on stuff he already knew about in detail. To say "jimmy ate the pill for you" could also imply that Pussy's FBI handler knew Jimmy was a rat as well and knew Tony would suspect one so when Jimmy turned up dead he figured that Pussy wouldn't have to worry.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"