I am a long time lurker first time to post. My question to the board is this. Starting in 1931 when the 5 family structure we have now was created and going through present day, how would you rank the families all-time 1-5 and why? I have been doing this myself for a while now and my rankings are ever changing. For example, take the Bonannos. Under Joe Bonanno they were arguably one of the top two families for 30 years. Then they start to fall off in terms of power in the early 60's. It gets so bad that by time Rastelli takes over they are kicked off the commission. They are looked down upon by all the families. Then Massino gets out in 91 and precedes to make them the dominate family behind the Genovese. After his arrest they slide back to the back of the line. My point is this. Even though at times they have been the laughing stock of the mafia, for some 40 years since the creation of it all they were one of the top 2-3 families. I am curious to see if you really break down each family and compare them from 1931 to present day how your rankings would look. I know this is long winded and I apologize for taking your time if this topic is not interesting to you reading this or the board.