Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
it's gotta be at least 30 percent and that ain't good at all

you should really spend a whole 5 minutes doing research before just throwing out these silly statements. lets just look at one recent example: mafia takedown day. there were well over 100 people arrested, granted not all made, but thats besides the point. going by your logic, well over 30 of them have probably ratted, but like almost everything you post here, its just not true. try harder next time.

Large numbers certainly don't equal power. I'd take 1 smart guy like John Matassa or Frank Caruso who has never served prison time over 35 guidos who have. I'm not sure how many NY-based CAPO's you can name who have never served time or are not well-known. I can name 5 major players in Chicago however.

New York is not on the verge of legalizing video gaming anytime soon like Illinois...and I'd highly doubt any family has the stranglehold on the video gaming industry that the Outfit has, nor the amount of legitimate businesses. Guys like Joe "Kong" Calato and Casey S are multimillionaires already with their companies...when it becomes legalized, they skyrocket.

The families that remain low-key and work legitimate businesses in addition to rackets and maintain very tight political ties are the ones with the power.