Originally Posted By: GerryLang
Originally Posted By: mike68
I could have sworn that I remember reading a mobster being whacked in the not too distant past and one of the issues that led to the decision was that he became deeply religious in a fairly unexpected, rapid fashion. The decision makers involved were concerned that he might 'confess his sins' to the wrong person. Don't quote me on it and I can't remember who, what, or when, but I could swear that this happened.

Joseph (Joe Brewster) DeDomenico was allegedly whacked for becoming a "born again Christian" by the Scarpa crew. Carmine Persico gave the orders "if he found God, it is time for him to join God."

Eminem the rapper has become one of these too so I hear. Is this the racket where they clap the tamborine and you have to pass over all your earthly materials to the cult?

Maybe they thought the born agains were moving in on their turf? Maybe they thought they had to put the poor fuck out of his misery?

Either way that's some cold shit and it goes to show how sensitive a topic religion can be to some people one way or the other.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 03/15/13 10:57 AM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin