Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Just in case you were wondering, I wasn't being sarcastic. wink

I know Sonny.

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo
No mob boss is gonna admit that he was put on the shelf and thrown out of nyc ...he also claimed he was against narcotics didn't he ?? So taking bonanno's word for it, doesn't really hold much weight..especially when he's been the only one i'm aware of that has claimed that it was mutual !!

I´d say all of the books that are written by former mob guys are self serving. Even Bonanno´s. But the Bonanno book offers so much more. History surrounding the Mafia (not necessarily surrounding Bonanno) is explained to us and what is important to keep in mind is that Bonanno is describing first and most, his view on what he calls his "tradition" and what it was all about. What is too bad is that for some reasons, some people can´t digest it, probably because most of the stuff they have read about the Mafia on the internet, in other books etc (and let´s face it, there is a lot of crap out there) goes against Bonanno´s words. Is the Bonanno book complete? Absolutely not! There are lots of stuff that is "missing", stuff he leaves out. Probably because these stuff was related to people who was still alive when he wrote the book, and of course, stuff that could incriminate him. On the other hand, the stuff that is in there, has to this date, not been proven to be lies. When that happens, for example (to name just one thing) when it´s proven that Bonanno knew and allowed his soldiers into the drug trade, I will reconsider my stance on the authenticity of Bonnano´s story.

With that being said, I promised PB in a very early post on here, not to show too much of my enthusiamsm for the Bonanno book on here. So I won´t talk about the book in another (let´s say) 500 posts or so. :-)

[Linked Image]