Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Klydon, wish him all the best, one question. Does he need to present with his own topic or is it a Q&A format? I received mine thru Westinghouse, total Q&A session. They presented topics before hand, can remember having a mock interview at home. For whatever it's worth, I thought having some unfamiliar faces I.E. neighbors ask questions. It took the unfamiliar face fear away prior to me getting there. Just a thought.

EHI, all of the essays from the applicants dealt with the general question of how will the values of service, hospitality, justice and service will be incorporated into your professional and personal life.

He impressed me with his essay as it was concise and concrete. My advice to him in composing it was to avoid excessive generalizations and abstract concepts.

Your advice on preparation is a good one, and seems to have worked well for you. I tried to prepare him by asking him questions I thought would be asked, but after his interview, he told me that they went in a different direction, but I was pleased with the way he answered the questions. He did better than I would've done.

I'll let you all know when we find out this weekend.

Regardless of the outcome it's a great accomplishment! And the 50K would be great!

Last edited by EastHarlemItal; 02/20/13 05:05 PM.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno