Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Lately, I have been exchanging emails with a son of a made guy who passed away in the 1980s. He recently told me about a friend of his father´s (this friend was also a made member) who was killed in the 1950s.
I have promised not to mention any names, so I will not do that. But this story is powerful so I thought I´ll share it with you.

"My father had told me a story of a guy being killed, shortly after being made, for breaking one of the rules. Over the years, I got a few more details. After he was killed, his wife moved into our building, or maybe she was already neighbor and my family did not know her. Anyway, my mother and her became friendly, both being mothers with children in the same playground, and being neighbors. The wife said that in weeks before he was killed, he had set up a small religious shrine, and the night he went out and got killed, he was on his knees praying to it before leaving. He would not tell her what was the matter. But somehow he had a feeling that he was going to get killed."

That is pretty interesting. The mindset was totally different just a little bit further back in time. Solid, resolved to their organization.

*** il capo di tutti capi ***

"You'll never meet another guy like me if you live to be 5, 000." -John Gotti