I am very interested to see how this ties in with the decision to retry Ligambi. We all know that being on trial doesnt stop someone from ordering a hit. And (although I am not certain) I dont know that Ligambi himself had to order it. Even if Merlino or Mazzone ordered it, if it was done on behalf of Ligambi and/or "the family", there is a possibilty that the murder can be added onto charges of Ligambi. (Im not absolutely certain, and it would be risky for feds to do this because it could water down the other charges in jury's mind).

The Feds decision to retry Ligambi (in APRIL!) is interesting. And you can be sure that Nicodemo is feeling pressure from all sides (The State, The Feds, and The Family). Whether he was the trigger man, was there, knew about it, or had no clue, is irrelevant. I wouldnt wish his situation on my worst enemy.

"Goodfellas don't sue goodfellas. . . . Goodfellas kill goodfellas." ~ Salvatore Profaci in bugged NJ mob lawyer Sal Avena's office

“This was the Volkswagen of racketeering charges” ~ Def. Attorney Ed Jacobs, Jr.

"Meanwhile, I got the uncle who wants me out of the way.... Great family, aren't they? This is what it's all about." ~Louis "Bent-Finger Louie" Monacello

"It was a wholesale annihilation.... How many times do they want to be beat? Because I'm frankly getting tired of it. They went fishing for Joe Ligambi, and the jury gave them Gary Battaglini.” ~ Def Atty Christopher Warren