Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
Wasn't some of these guys the last of the Alamo for the white street kids in North Philly? ...
http://articles.philly.com/1989-10-17/news/26118083_1_youths-ontario-streets-john-mclaughlin

Yep, that's the guy. It checks out. Altho I didn't know about his whitepower history. How ironic that he got pinched for batterying a ol' FOB mick to death.

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

Berkery was like a living legend in the philly area. I forget if it was picked up on tape or if someone testified about it but Angelo Bruno supposedly said he loved Berkery and that he would of made him in a second if he was italian. Berkery and Long John were around Bruno all the time and he never made Martorano but he said he would of made Berkery. Go figure. lol

Yeah he's a really interesting figure int he Philadelphia OC crime scene. Had a definite hand in making Philly the "Meth Capitol of the World" in the 80. Ofc. along with the regulars. Pagans, Chelsais Bouras, John Martorano, Ronald Raiton etc etc.

Originally Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH
When some guy called Hornblum was doing a book on the K&A crew he wanted to keep a lid on it cos he didn't want his name in any way associated to the burglary thing.

Yeah tell me about it. He's a bit of a spaz when it comes to his image. He tried to sue Hornblum IIRC, and I believe he's gone straight and is a lawyer now.

He has even taken to having his people deface Wikipedia to remove his name out of relevant articles. Curious how someone like that can turn things around. Esp. when his crew was known for doing burglaries up and down the eastern seaboard for decades.