Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I now firmly believe that the guy that Nicodemo whacked (Gino DiPietro) will turn out to have been a CI, and that's why the Government is so gung-ho right now. They don't like losing informants. I also believe that the prosecutors and agents informed the Judge of this in chambers, and that's the main reason that bail was denied. Whether that's moral or even legal is beside the point because they do shit like that all the time.

And that's why Borgesi is nuts if he goes after this Bent-Dick guy. After a guy testifies the damage is already done. No sense in pissing off the Government. This ain't Sicily (or even Montreal). If you kill a witness in the United States today, there's a fifty-fifty chance you'll get nailed for it. And a hundred percent guarantee that the Feds will never leave you alone on your other crimes.

And I'm not saying that the Feds play fair, or that they don't trample the constitution when it suits them (The Patriot Act, anyone?). I'm just saying that for all of the above reasons, Italian-American organized crime is a terrible career choice today. It's all over but the shouting.

I see your viewpoint but there are quite a number of people who will disagree with that, and with good reason.