Originally Posted By: JacklynnPetropoulos
Lawyer here (but dont tell anyone.

Depending on what he thought the plans were, regardless of whehter it was preplanned murder or to go score some drugs, he could have been convicted for 1st degree murder - i.e., felony murder. Unless he got out of the car and went to the police, he at least aided and abetted and/or accomplice after-the-fact by driving away. Thus, anyone in the car can be charged with the 1st degree.

I tell everyone the reason I sat for the NY bar exam was so I could one day be a Mob lawyer - especially since many are now joining their former clients in prison.

Whos to say the other guy didn't point the trigger at him and make him feel his life was at risk if he were not to haul ass out of there?

Could of been a hundred reasons why they payed the guy a visit and a pretty good one for allowing a guy who has just popped sombody back into your life for a few minutes until you can lose the nut.

Given that fact surely it's at least possible if not likely that he may be offered third degree? If it's just a murder rap alone then why would they offer him more than third degree for fingering the other guy? They have a slam dunk already.

For the mob stuff presumably? Well if that be the case then how much could he demand in a sit down with the Feds? The sky's the limit as they say but he ain't exactly Sammy The Bull so how much can he expect from a plea bargain if all he wants to do is finger the trigger guy?

Unless he accepts liability for a planned hit then that is all he has as a defense right? Deniability and he loses that the moment he fingers the other guy anyway cos who knows what this other guy will say when he gets the spotlight?

Hard to see how he unravels hiself but you're a lawyer I'd be interested to know what would you say to him now? Cos no offense I've had some lawyers and truth be had I'd be better on my own up there some of the crap they come out with half then time.

So I'm calling you out on this one hot shot. Show me what you got.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 02/11/13 12:26 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin