Well many years ago when I went on a Universal Movie tour they said that background people who are chatting in the background aren't really talking but only pretending to be talking, with gestures and everything. Don't know IF they do it all the time or not.

A few years ago I saw a movie being filmed in Hollywood (Ed Wood with Johnny Depp). Ed Wood (Johnny) was suppose to be getting on a bus or train. He was the main one in the scene, but extras were people walking down the street, seemingly talking, nodding, etc. They (for whatever reason)kept doing re-takes on the scene, over and over with the extras walking from around the corner talking, etc. We watched for at least an hour but damn, it took so long for one scene. We never did see if it ever was "a wrap" LOL. Then again, I wonder if the scene was cut. How frustrating. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon