I also agree with others that Dom gives the best account. Much of his information was vetted by the FBI and US Atty. He could have exaggerated some in the book as well as on TV interviews but not so much in court. Defense attorneys would have eaten him alive. As far as his military service is concerned, I suspect he was a member of the 173rd Airborne Brigade (Because of those patches) possibly in a rear area where he would hear a lot of stories. I don't buy some of his "Combat stories. If you look at the photo of his Army memorabilia on this site, the black red and gold parachute wing background oval has two "Tic" marks along the left and right edges. This is a battalion indicator meaning that the wearer is a member of the 2nd Ranger Bn. The 2nd Ranger Bn was established in 1974- after the VN war was over so I call BS on that. How long does he claim he was in??? He claims Airborne, Ranger and Special Forces training. Boot camp is 2 months, Jump school 3 weeks, advanced Infantry training 2 months Ranger school 2 months and Special Forces training up to one year. So.... why would the army put him through Special Forces training and then assign him to the 173rd??? Not very likely at all. just my 2 cents.