no, not quite.

Arcuri Sr. may have suggested him for the vacant role, until Rizzuto returned.
Supposedly, it wasnt received well.
Dimaulo, Moreno, Desjardins, DeVito and others that started their opposing stance, pushed Montagna to go for the vacant role, with their support and assurance. But, turned on him, after they felt they had weakened the Rizzutos.
It is being said, Arcuri Sr. got caught in the middle and couuldnt turn to either side in the end, especialy once Montagna was out the picture.
Basically, a suggestion that cost him and possibly, cast him out from both sides of the opposing clans. All because, if this is really true.... followed orders from the powers that be, from NYC.

This is why, I have been trying to figure out who the NYC figure was at the Toronto airport along with his Canadian lawyer and American lawyer and also supposedly, reported his other son.
Was that NYC figure a key person to the possible fiasco and had explanations for everything or a friend that offered assistance and giving him the resources to help him back on his feet, immediately???

Basically, i am trying to theorize and tie in all scenarios and bring it all together.

again, what is said in the Montreal bars, I take it with a grain of salt and try and look into, whether it has any merit at all. i am trying not to take everything at face value and i am trying to look past things and see if there is anything significant, beyond the scope.
Since, Giordano mentioned in an earlier post something reflecting to what i heard. it was like a little bell rang in my head and had to mention this.