what is being said in some montreal bars. Was something similar but slightly different.
Originally, Arcuri Sr. had orders from NYC to enter Montagna into the scene, soon after he was deported from the states. They sought to fill the vacant role of Rizzuto until his return. Renda, Rizzuto Sr., etc. were not in favor of his presence and immediate leadership, even though he held the UNDERBOSS title from NYC.
The other factions that were beginning their tactical opposition against the Rizzutos, began to brainwash him to believe, Montagna had the rightful role and they would support him.
Supposedly, he was a very resourceful guy and the other factions utilized his resources and in the end, turned on him. The intention of Arcuri Sr. was to fulfill the NYC order and maintain stability, but power and greed took over, which he did not predict, would happen. Different factions were springing up, all hoping to land the vacant role.
My theory so far, he wasn't looking for Montagna to take over, but to have a temporary fix until Rizzuto came back and at the same time, fulfill his obligation to NYC.....
Still, i am unclear about a few other issues, but it is becoming soo entangled that i cannot make heads or tails of anything anymore.

what a mess.