Originally Posted By: Lilo

I'm surprised. Just looking at trailer I wasn't expecting much. Maybe I'll check it out.

I hope I'm not overselling it. I enjoyed it, its good. Not great, not remarkable but a decent time-killing programmer. Just set your expectations accordingly.

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
We can finally say that Arnie is past it, if this film had another actor in it im sure it may have done well, but people don't want to see Arnie in films like this that he did in the 80's, time to retire i think..

Yeah unless all those old butt kicking geezers are in THE EXPENDABLES (which is the testosterone version of those infamous package tours of has-been stars like the Doo-Wop tours), it seems Americans unfortunately want nothing to do with that sort of film again which I find unfortunate. (Consider the terrific DREDD, another throwback to the 80s actioneer which despite damn good reviews got murdered in theatres last fall.)

But Arnold (and Stallone for that matter too) long had big audiences overseas and they'll have to depend upon them if they hope to keep making more movies.

Anyway Arnold and Sly have another movie out later this year in THE TOMB, a prison escape picture. I hope that's good too, but I'm not expecting good box-office returns. At least not in America.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/30/13 11:26 PM.