Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: ronnie_little
Greg DePalma- Look up brokester in the (mafia)dictionary and there is a picture of him. LOL

That's not entirely true. It's true that Greg started out as a made guy in a great deal of debt because of the Westchester Premiere Theatre debacle. But then again, I've heard from people who don't have an agenda that that's probably the reason why Greg was made in the first place. He owed so much money that the Gambinos had to protect their investment by giving him his button. It's also true that he died broke. That Scores extortion case really did him in financially. The last time he came home (2003?) he was so broke that he was living in a crummy little apartment near the Tuckahoe train station.

But the "in between" time? Say, most of the '80s and '90s? The guy lived large, with a Capital G. Big house in Scarsdale. Fancy cars. Expensive country clubs. High end jewelry---not gaudy wiseguy crap, either---the guy was seriously hooked into the diamond district downtown from his years as a jewel thief and a fence. His sons had fancy cars before they graduated high school. He palled around with everyone from Willie Mays to Liza Minelli to Frank Sinatra. And he lived like that for twenty years. So if that's a typical "brokester," you must be living pretty good yourself.

(((I guess I was really refering to his last few years. Remember your only as good as your last envelope. I read that he bought a Jaguar and John Gotti asked him for it or he gave it to him, may not be true. You are right though he did have some good times. I also heard he had a heck of an art collection. Who knows I have had a very fortunate life. I do have two initials at the end of my name. ))

Originally Posted By: Camarel
I'm pretty sure he was the one who introduced Carlo Gambino,Tony Corallo etc to Frank Sinatra.

Greg got the headlines because of that ridiculous photo op with Sinatra and all the Goombahs. But a Genovese guy named Louie---a REAL friend of Sinatra's---actually made the introduction.

I screwed up the quote

Last edited by ronnie_little; 01/27/13 11:35 PM.