Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
).
Originally Posted By: cheech
weird that u guys are saying a mistrial would be good for prosecution but from what i can tell it was the defense that asked for a mistrial...I could be wrong...i think they all walk tuesday

I think what everyone is saying is that a mistrial greatly benefits the prosection IF the speculation about Nicodemo turns out to be correct. It would give the Feds time to add the Gongs and Long John murders to the indictment. But that's all a big if (that's why I put in in bold type tongue ).

But, man-oh-man, I keep going back to the legal fees if there's a mistrial. Because after a ten year investigation (bullshit investigation or not), the Feds are certain to re-try them. How the fuck can the lower guys on the totem pole pay out hundreds of thousands in legal fees?

And don't get caught up in that "Family Slush Fund for Attorneys" crap. A lot of these guys end up on their own when paying their legal fees. It's part of the game. The lawyers are the only ones getting rich in Philly right now. It's crazy.

If Nicodemo flipped, what difference does it make wether it is a mistrial or hung jury? Either way a new indictment will include murder charges. Anyways, the judge indicated he would not grant a mistrial.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese