Originally Posted By: Ted
Hey Dap, even you can't still think its going to be guilty across the board. At this point, I think the only people that will be found guilty of RICO (as oppose to acquittal or individual charges) are the guys tied to the poker machines.

As per one of my last comments in this thread, I predicted that if there was a verdict then I think it will still be guilty across the board on at least one charge for all the defendants BUT that the probability of a mistrial was increasing everyday.

A mistrial would be a win for the prosecution. They got a preview of what went well and what didnt go so well in terms of evidence, informants, wiretaps at the trial so they can re-up and prepare to re-try all these guys again, maybe even add an extra spice or two to the charges if Nicodemo flips. If a superseding indictment is unveiled prior to a retrial that levels some murder charges, then I think there is a strong possibility that one (or more) of these defendants (two in particular) might not even want to take the chance of being found guilty at trial and agree to cooperate with the govt then.

We shall wait and see my friend. Personally, I want this to be over and done with already.Tired of hearing about these jury deliberations. Lets be serious here: we have wiretaps, informants, paper records, owners of the joker poker company testifying they were forced to sell the company at a lower price,you even have the lawyers for the mob guys calling this "racketeering lite" in essence admitting their clients are involved in this business (gambling,etc) but that its "lite" since it doesnt involve any violence - particularly murders. Doesnt take a PHD to add one and two together to get three.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.