Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: cheech
agree Pizzaboy, all fair points

im in new haven ct...do u ever venture down here? pizza best in the world smile

Thanks, Cheech. You're a good man smile.

I stop at Frank Pepe's EVERY time I come home from Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. And that's no Google search post. I swear on my kids I've been going to that place for over forty years.

When I was growing up in the '60s and '70s, we vacationed in Mystic every Summer for about fifteen years running. Frank's was always an obligatory stop because my grandfather went "way back" with the original owner. They recently opened a place up in Yonkers, just north of the Bronx. The food is very good, but the pizza isn't as good as the one in New Haven.

But best pizza in the world? New Haven? We're getting along great, so let's not go down that road. I'm from the Bronx. Let's stick together and have that argument with someone from North Dakota lol.

hysterical, but had to big up my city...Wooster Square is where I grew up...personally i like Sally's better but the white clam at Pepe's is unbelievably good...yes they have several locations now, i know yonkers well used to go up there in my early twenties for unscrupulous reasons...they actually have a place in mohegan now i believe but none of those other places are as good as the one on wooster IMO...the yuppies wait out in the rain for hours for the pie

next time you head that way pm me, i'll walk you around the old neighborhood, beautiful in the summer

Last edited by cheech; 01/17/13 01:02 PM.

When Interpol?