Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
What your forgetting though is..its not like thats the only stuff they were involved in...its like Capone with tax exvasion

That's a fair point, DN. It's also fair to point out that some people believe in karma (for lack of a better word). Kind old Uncle Joe was a convicted murderer before some slick defense lawyers (the true gangsters) got him off on a technicality.

He likely would have died in prison if not for a miracle ten years into his sentence. So some people might take the attitude that, "Well, these charges are trumped up, but what goes around comes around."

In short, I completely agree that gamblers and debtors don't belong in prison for more than short stretches, but murderers do.

Originally Posted By: cheech
dicknose i get your point and agree but i just believe we are wasting a lot of time...in new york they would have already walked

Only to a degree, Cheech. They would have walked on all of the gambling charges here in New York by now. But they'd still stand trial or plea out on the extortion. The no show health insurance is also a big deal to some people because of the timeliness of the whole thing. Half the country uninsured, Obamacare, etc.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.