Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Yes I do hate Gibsons with a seething passion lol thats why all my guitars are Fenders, aside from the acoustic and my newest one. Hell even the bass I bought a few months ago is based on the P-Bass.

Let me ask you something... do you have big/wide hands?

The reason I "hate" fenders is because I've always been uncomfortable with the wide necks. Gibsons (and Ricks) have nice, narrow necks. I have long fingers, but girly hands compared to lumberjacks and such lol. So the narrower necks are easier for me to play, and more comfortable. It's not a "hate" thing, cuz Fender is world-class Rock. I just have a hard time playing them.

And I would assume the same would be true if some monster-hand tried to play a Les Paul or 12-string Rick (like Lennon's)... if it's uncomfortable or difficult -- of course it'll be "hated" wink

Fender Jazz or Precision bass? "Hate" them! lol Too wide for me. But gimme a Höfner (or knock-off) Paul McCartney bass, and I'm happier than a pig in chit.
Nah i don't have the biggest hands in the world. Fenders just have more comfortable necks to me, they feel more balanced, and aren't nearly as over priced as Gibson. Not to mention the weight difference between them. The fenders i do perfer to play have a shorter scale than gibsons anyway, gibson being a 24.75" and the fenders i use being 24".

With the bass its funny because when one of my bassist friends heard that i got it, he was shocked i didn't get a short scale bass that was closer to a regular guitar's scale, instead getting one that has a 34" scale.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"