Originally Posted By: abc123

If you ask me this has been one sided war. you refer to history of IRA with examples, but the firepower of gangland Ireland is like never before. when the Real IRA do some action it is to liberate you say when criminals do some thing there bad guys ?

We used to root for the Indians against the cavalry, because we didn't think it was fair in the history books that when the cavalry won it was a great victory, and when the Indians won it was a massacre. ~Dick Gregory.

The danger is in just flowing with the hype. This time last year the IRA was indestructible as far as the press was concerned. And Alan Ryan was public enemy number 1 right til his death. Now suddenly this drug gangs v IRA thing has been feeding off the David V Goliath angle and it's time to start cheerleading the cowboys who be chasing the Indians out of town.

On the one hand they saying oh the IRA are into this and into that and controlling the underworld and putting the Cops under surveillance. And the next minute in the space of two months they ain't worth shit.i just don't tally up to me.

All I'm saying is that this kind of keeping tabs on the scorecard shit is the biggest load of bunk going. Don't buy into it. There are no winners in this shit, and that's that it just goes on and on and on.

You say the IRA are finished in town cos of the Ryan hit right? Yet one of the guys involved in the hit has fled the city for Spain. What's he running for then? Who's he running from?

"Stop worrying about fear, think of yourself as already dead".

Gregory Peck

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin