Originally Posted By: carmela
I was in Agrigento July, 2010, and went to a memorial service for Agostino Cun trera. The rumor there was that not only was Renda kidnapped, but tortured, dismembered and dissolved in acid.

Carmella, I was with you on this for the longest time, as I have heard the same. Even most posters here would agree (and I'm not disgreeing with you here), especially at the time of the disappearance. But why is he the only one, out of everyone who's gone down, not to be made a public example of? Everyone else, all public gunshot murders. What was it about Renda that made him different?

Also, whereas we learned that Emilio Cordileone was found in his car murdered, I heard from guys connected to him, that he was badly beaten, every limb in his body broken and that he was stripped naked and shot in the head twice. Then placed in his car. That part never made the papers.

http://www.complexeloreto.com/obituaries.php?action=view&id=1283

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.