ralphy rossetti was a made man, and he was tight with all of them, at one point in the late 70's early 80's he was shot, I had heard the story years ago and why it happened but it's been so long i do not remember why he was shot, as far as him being tight with JR i have no personal knowledge of that. And it is true that Bobby Carrozza was not liked by Gennaro Angiulo, as to why I do not know, Bobby was always known to be a real snake in the grass and was not well liked by alot of the fella's that were made like himself, Romano was a Carrozza stalwart, that's who he was close with and he had the same exact sneakyness and dangerousness as carrozza, another word's he was a real serious guy, but even if you were tight with him and grew up with him or whatever, if you were a threat to him in anyway he would kill you, guy's in his own crew did not trust him and he actually started rubbing off on anthony ciampi like that. Anthony was never ever like that, but after he got shaken down for his card game and was spooked he aligned himself with a buch of loose cannon drug dealers, gigi marino, john patti, ralph scarpa, shawn cote, paul decologero and Romano, and with Carrozza's blessing they took on the Salleme faction and all the Rossetti's and did what they had to do