Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
If acquitted on all charges, what legal recourse does a 73 year old man that just spent 2 years in prison have on the state for damages, punitive and otherwise?

Not much, Frank. I mean, in the past, mob bosses who have been acquitted after being held without bail had no recourse, so why should he?

And you'd never make a "false arrest" claim stick because of his past. When you have a criminal past, your character isn't "unimpeachable." It's already tarnished in the eyes of the court. I don't think that's fair, but that's the way it is.

Don't forget that kind old "Uncle Joe" was once convicted of murder, and if not for a technicality ten years into his sentence, he would have likely died in prison. So that part of his past would probably hurt any type of lawsuit he might bring. But fuck, at this point he'd be THRILLED just to walk on these charges. Fuck the lawsuit.

Totally agree and I beleive you have to be wrongfully imprisoned like you were sent away for a rape or murder for 20 years and then DNA clears you, then you have a hefty lawsuit that you will win from the state. In this case, I mean basically where there is smoke there is fire, like pizzaboy stated he was convicted of murder, so he is 73 should just walk away and move to arizona or the poconos and call it a day and count his money and blessings that he is not in a west virginia federal hotel