Geritano is a 100% piece of shit; I live blocks away from the fucking horrible-- I mean truly abysmal-- bagel/coffee joint he sometimes worked at and I missed witnessing his last knife attack (on the pizza dude) by maybe a minute. (Was shocked to read about it later that day.)

The bagel joint, btw, survives because it has a perfect location, literally right next to the subway station. They make extra coin leasing their concrete patio to an awful outdoor bar in the not-winter months.

Though that neighborhood in many parts gone yuppie and rich-beyond-yuppie, there's still some action going on (-- and was a lot more when I moved nearby 20 years ago, just about equidistant from the old Gallo and Persico haunts btw. Here's one of the current residents, out of the can and still thriving

http://contractormag.com/plumbing/cm_newsarticle_524

(Investigators floated murder rumors on Figliola Jr-- one of his biz 'associates' vanished years earlier and he was prime suspect -- but nothing came of it.)

I bet someone can google up a photo of Anthony Anastasio Longshoremen's Medical Center too (since torn down for bullshit "luxury" condos using a lot of non-union labor, thus protests from various union dudes). What a history!

Last edited by conopizza; 01/10/13 04:42 PM.