Originally Posted By: Skinny
Honestly the only thing I think they deserve to go to jail for is taking over the machine business. Maybe the no show job, but they havent proved if that was extortion or just a favor to ligambi in exchange for jobs and protection. But even on those charges, i dont believe warrants 10 yrs. Restitution, a fine, and yeah a few yrs, but keep in mind theyve been in for 2+ already. Being a bookie? Having some machines? It seems like its only a big deal if its unregulated or untaxed. Loansharking? Same, goes either way for me. If it gets to the point of extortionate (and i dont mean as in the federal terms), as in the borrower is hurt, or forced to bankrupt his business, yeah. But then again, shylocks seem like peanuts compared to credit card companies. So for the amount of corruption and underhandedness that goes on in corporate america and in politics today, coupled with years of unfair tactics by law enforcement and the justice system... Yeah i hope these guys get off. Just my opinion.

That wasn't my point, Skinny. I went out of my way to say that if you're pulling for them to beat it, that's fine. That's your right. My point was that wishful thinking won't get them time served. There are Federal guidelines at stake here. The Judge can't go outside of them unless there's an extreme reason for doing so.

If Ligambi is convicted of the top charges, he's getting at least ten years. You can take that to the bank. Yes, he's been in for two. But with the Feds you do close to 90% of the time. So he'll still have at least seven years to go. He's 73 now. He'll be AT LEAST 80 when he's released if he's convicted of the extortion charge. But he may get off. And if you're hoping that he does, like I said, that's your right.

I think Damion is looking at the most time if he gets convicted. Poor bastard is looking at something like twenty years.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.