Originally Posted By: cheech
borgesi, scoops and battaglini, canaliccio walk

the rest get light charges times served

Well, the guys that you mentioned can possibly beat theses charges. I've maintained that from the beginning. But I have to disagree about the other guys getting time served if convicted.

Now it's fine if you're saying that you want them to beat the charges, as long as you're honest about it. That doesn't necessarily make anyone a "fanboy." It's also fine if you think the charges are all bullshit. That's also your right. But as far as sentencing goes, these are the Feds we're talking about.

There are Federal sentencing guidelines in place that MUST BE FOLLOWED. So you really can't give a prediction about sentencing until after the verdict comes out. Because if Ligambi, as the head of a criminal organization (the Feds description, not mine), is convicted of the top charges, he'll be in his 80's when he gets out, assuming that he survives.

The guidelines state that he'll get roughly ten years if convicted of the top charges. And like I said, the Judge has to follow those guidelines.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.