From what I've heard it will be super private and not publicized.

Not sure what it's like these days but the Catholic church used to refuse to bury the gangsters... although most of them ultimately did wind up in a couple of Catholic cemeteries in the western suburbs, so who knows.

That seems like a fair assessment of Sr.'s career. Guess it makes sense considering his boss was Angelo La Pietra, who was probably the most feared mobster since Giancana.

I remember being shocked at how little Nick Calabrese was getting paid. Not sure what his lifetime "take" was, but I remember Marcello was giving him $4K a month in hopes he would keep quiet in prison--which he did for a while.

$40K a year for knocking down 15-plus guys.

The prosecuters during Secrets always maintained that if Sr. would have shared the wealth with Nick even a LITTLE more he would have never flipped.

But he felt so taken advantage of that he ultimately sunk all of 'em.

Originally Posted By: Wilson
Are they going to throw Frank a funeral? I have looked online and usually a wake is held within a few days of a persons death. I haven't read anything about that in any obituary. Most mobsters have funerals right?

This is a perfect example of a man who was a mobster because he earned money for the Chicago outfit and was willing to do the dirty work. Seems to me that no one cared about him as a person. From what I See they basically used him. Thats it.