Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
That's right DD and tho I am lucky enough, even thru my very worst financial times, thus far, never to have received any government assistance (tho looking back now I probably would have qualified) I do know there is a process to go thru.

It use to be (maybe still is) each month you had to bring proof from potential employers where you applied for work for one thing, AND as far as food stamps, I believe you have to supply bank account info showing a certain amount in your account (or lack of).

I am all for getting rid of (punishing) spongers and moochers of the system. BUT I also am for the very poor, sick, helpless getting help. Why not train and open more jobs in these fields. It's hard for some people to distinguish between the two and they tend to want to punish those in true need. frown

TIS

TIS all due respect in not punishing anyone, nor would I. You seem to be lumping me into a catagory who would do that. I'm taking about a healthy 25 year old male, who is either playing basketball all day, watching TV and just doesn't care because he knows the system. There are just as many Taking advantage of the system as the ones who need it.

I do not disagree with you with the example you give above. There ARE those who use/abuse the system. These are the people who need to be tossed out of the system. I don't have figures as to the numbers of those in true need and the abusers as being even, but tend to think that's probably not the case. I don't know. confused

Like I said, why not create more jobs, train people to work in this field, who know the restrictions/conditions. It certainly can't do any harm. And I'm not speaking for YOU, but there are many people who bundle all these people in one lump and don't want to believe anybody out there is needy.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon