Originally Posted By: TonyG
Sean,

We do not live in a police state, and it is not going to happen. I have been to China several times. That is a police state and they execute criminals without the judicial due processes that we have.

Where are you coming from with "corporations having their fleets of flying drones" and "are they listening in or not" and "where will it end"?

There are fairly strict laws on what can and cannot be done. Why the worries?

The act itself is vague and non-specified targets fall through a loophole in this law which means anyone can possibly be described as 'non-specific' for purposes of surveillance.

It's open to abuse is all I'm saying and there's being aware of security and there's losing your freedom in order to have the big brother security.

I was more interested in how these things operate and how much impact they is having on the border with the cartels but since
I laid em down anyhow and there's no way of speaking on this issue without sounding like some nutbag eco-warrior with an axe to grind about Washington or the billionaire fat cats on Park Avenue I'll be clear on one thing. That ain't where I'm coming from.

It ain't keeping me up on nights and I ain't worried but I like my freedom more than I like these bugs collecting info on me without my permission. That's that. I've said my piece.

As for Mexico personally I think the only way they'll keep the Mexican cartels out is if they build another great wall of across the Mexican border and re-enforce that wall with an electric fence a mile high.

That might just work but that ain't really possible so the problem is here to stay for the foreseeable future whether we have drones flying the border or not. As for the drones themselves nah they ain't gonna do much to stop the flow of drugs across the border my personal point of view. I think they'll hurt em, they'll hurt em bad but I don't think anything will hurt it bad enough until we see unprecedented economic growth in the Mexico of a kind I don't think even America will ever truly see again.

I would like to get some kind of picture on just how damaging these things could potentially be for OC on the border.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 12/30/12 05:36 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin