Originally Posted By: azguy
They might be small, but it appears they are still there...

There are, of course, still living members of the Buffalo family. And there have been some cases here and there involving a member here or some associates there over the past decade. But there apparently isn't a viable family in the RICO sense of having a formal hierarchy and ongoing activity. Which is why the FBI no longer lists Buffalo as being viable. The family did last longer into the 1990's than many other families after all the prosecutions in the 1980's but by the 2000's it appears it no longer was considered viable by law enforcement. The last big case involving the family was when LIUNA Local 210 was put under federal oversight in 1996.

Originally Posted By: stern49
That guy Joe Shots has them down as having 40-50 made guys... I'm sure Ivy will agree that that is BS. Sorry but It's true.

I do agree that it's BS but don't take my word for it. The feds had the family at 45 members way back in 1989. So what are the chances the family will have that many decades later? None, apparently, since the feds had them at 23 members in 2006. And, like I said, at least 3 or 4 have died since then.

Originally Posted By: Scalish
I think Donald Panepinto died? Not sure though.

Ivy did you hear that?

Sorry, I don't have any information on that.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/29/12 07:48 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.