I've been giving some thought to the "war" in Montreal and the saying 'History repeats itself".

Joe Di Maulo was a very loyal and trusted Paolo Violi supporter up until the time of his(Violis) death.Shortly after this,he then fell in line with the Rizzuto faction.
Joe Di Maulo was a very loyal and trusted Rizzuto supporter(apparently) up until he was killed. Maybe he switched his loyalties back to the Calabrian side,maybe he didn't...
2 1/2 yrs afte Paolos murder a single bullet fired by a sniper killed his brother Rocco Violi while he was sitting in the kitchen of his home, having dinner with his family.

Jump ahead almost exactly 30 yrs to the day(only off by 24 days), a single bullet fired by a sniper kills the man suspected of ordering the hit, Nick Rizzuto, while he too sat in the kitchen of his home.

Are there any Violi relatives still in the mob that may have been around at that time?(I've heard that Paolo Violis son is a made guy in Montreal but I cannot personally say or prove it's validity). They would be on the Calabrian side,and,as they say,Revenge is a dish best served cold...