This trial has got barely any media attention. And it seems that the prosecution prepared a huge discovery that made a lot of guys cop pleas. So there scare tactics did work to a certain extent by not having to try all the defendants and they got one to flip. No one really cares about the Philadelphia Crime Family anymore it's not front page news. Lets face it technology changed the whole game the glory days are gone if you want to kill someone be ready to flee, kill yourself, go to jail, face the death penalty, or if your someone with status (e.g. Nicodemo) that could put certain crime figures away..then you cooperate. George Anastashia got in at the right time of his career and got out at the right time. If these cases were split into small state cases maybe that money could of went to fund our schools in Philadelphia which certainly need it right now. I know that's a little off topic but after all it's a discussion board.

Note* I read one article from Citypaper when they interviewed George and right when they legalized Gambling in Atlantic City..that's when he was assigned to cover issues regarding that genre as well as mob activities. Him turning 65 and him repeating himself over and over with " Make Money not headlines" was like leaving a fart wondering if you shit your pants or not.

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 12/21/12 12:30 AM.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."